English Idioms 1: Money–Hit the Jackpot
Money is something people talk about all the time, so it is not surprising that we have many colorful idioms that come from the subject. For example, what does it mean if you lose your shirt? Are you going to get cold? And is it better to be in the red or in the black?
Learn these and other essential phrases in Idioms: Money—Hit the Jackpot.
Quick Targets in English E-Books
The Quick Targets Idioms series provides bite-size lessons that are fast and entertaining.
The problem with learning English idioms is that there are thousands to cover. Quick Targets solves this problem by teaching a handful of idioms at a time, arranged by topic, such as money, sports, foods, and study. By studying idiom groups this way, students can more easily learn and remember the material.
The Quick Targets Idioms series features:
• Idiom Groups: Teaching idioms by topic.
• Comics: Idioms introduced with fun illustrations showing phrases in use.
• Definitions & Notes: Simple English definitions, with grammar explanations and notes on idioms’ origins.
• Numerous Examples: Sentences showing idioms used with different verb tenses, objects, etc.
• Lively Dialogues: Fun conversations showing further examples of the idioms in use.
• Quizzes and Puzzles: Review and test your knowledge.