English Idioms 3: Food–Going Bananas
Improve your English vocabulary and comprehension with a quick, fun lesson in idioms. Idioms: Foods—Going Bananas teaches common and colorful phrases that come from talking about food, cooking, and eating.
People think about and talk about food all the time, so it is not surprising that many delicious and colorful idioms have come from food and eating. For example, what does it mean if a woman goes bananas? Is she hungry? Or what does it mean if a man spills the beans? Will he have to clean the beans up?
Learn these and other delicious phrases in Idioms: Foods—Going Bananas.
Quick Targets in English E-Books
The Quick Targets Idioms series provides bite-size lessons that are fast and entertaining.
The problem with learning English idioms is that there are thousands to cover. Quick Targets solves this problem by teaching a handful of idioms at a time, arranged by topics such as money, sports, and foods. By studying idiom groups this way, students can more easily learn and remember the material.
The Quick Targets Idioms Series features:
• Idiom Groups: Teaching idioms by topic.
• Comics: Idioms introduced with fun illustrations showing phrases in use.
• Definitions & Notes: Simple English definitions, with grammar explanations and notes on idioms’ origins.
• Numerous Examples: Sentences showing idioms used with different verb tenses, objects, etc.
• Lively Dialogues: Fun conversations showing further examples of the idioms in use.
• Quizzes and Puzzles: Review and test your knowledge.