English Idioms 5: Body–Thumbs Up
Improve your English vocabulary and understanding with a quick, fun lesson in idioms. Idioms: Body—Thumbs Up teaches common and colorful phrases that include parts of the body: the head, the nose, the neck, and more.
Many colorful English idioms use parts of the body, from head (heads up) to toe (toe the line). In fact, head to toe is an idiom meaning “over the entire body,” as in She was dressed in white, from head to toe.
What does it mean if you lose your head? Are you walking around with nothing on your shoulders? What if you poke your nose into someone’s business? Does this mean you have a large nose?
Learn some of these colorful phrases in Idioms: Body—Thumbs Up, and other Quick Target e-books.
Quick Targets in English E-Books
The Quick Targets Idioms series provides bite-size lessons that are fast and entertaining, and make learning vocabulary fun.
The problem with learning English idioms is that there are thousands to cover. Quick Targets solves this problem by teaching a handful of idioms at a time, arranged by topics such as money, sports, and foods. By studying idiom groups this way, students can more easily learn and remember the material.
The Quick Targets Idioms Series features:
• Idiom Groups: Teaching idioms by topic.
• Comics: Idioms introduced with fun illustrations showing phrases in use.
• Definitions & Notes: Simple English definitions, with grammar explanations and notes on idioms’ origins.
• Numerous Examples: Sentences showing idioms used with different verb tenses, objects, etc.
• Lively Dialogues: Fun conversations showing further examples of the idioms in use.
• Quizzes and Puzzles: Review and test your knowledge.