English Idioms 6: Colors–Seeing Red
Improve your English vocabulary and understanding with a quick, fun lesson in idioms. Idioms: Colors—Seeing Red teaches common phrases that make English more colorful—literally!
Colors play such an important part in our lives, in art, in nature, and everywhere. So it is not surprising that we use colors in colorful ways to describe people, emotions, and other things.
What does it mean, for example, if you are blue in the face? Or what if you are red in the face or green around the gills?
Find out what these and other idioms mean and how they are used, and have fun as you learn.
Put some color in your English with Idioms: Colors—Seeing Red, and check out other Quick Target e-books, as well.
Quick Targets in English E-Books
The Quick Targets Idioms series provides bite-size lessons that are fast and entertaining, and make learning vocabulary fun.
The problem with learning English idioms is that there are thousands to cover. Quick Targets solves this problem by teaching a handful of idioms at a time, arranged by topics such as money, sports, and foods. By studying idiom groups this way, students can more easily learn and remember the material.
The Quick Targets Idioms Series features:
• Idiom Groups: Teaching idioms by topic.
• Comics: Idioms introduced with fun illustrations showing phrases in use.
• Definitions & Notes: Simple English definitions, with grammar explanations and notes on idioms’ origins.
• Numerous Examples: Sentences showing idioms used with different verb tenses, objects, etc.
• Lively Dialogues: Fun conversations showing further examples of the idioms in use.
• Quizzes and Puzzles: Review and test your knowledge.